The Huntsville Industrial Tennis League
is a local non-profit, spring to fall, tennis league in the Huntsville Alabama area. We offer a unique playing format that stresses affordability, flexibility, and competition. Play usually starts in April and extends through September each year. The league is based in Huntsville (map), located in Northeast Alabama along I-65 and Hwy 72.
Announcements & Important Upcoming Dates
The HITL 2023 Season Plans
- Initial rosters due in March 23rd. Please verify rating for each player.
- We need to meet to plan the season and to set teams, divisions and address new rules and/or policies to make the league more effective this year.
- Season starts 4/10/2023 and will run 9 rounds
- Dues are $12 per player per team and can be paid on the HITL Payment Center on this Web site.
NOTE: all players must have an official USTA rating or a rating from our HITL rater. If you need to get a person rated, you can have that person contact Alice Daniel (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule a rating session. The cost is $10 per person.
Have a great season!
HITL 2023 Tennis Tournament for 2023
The HITL End of Season Party is mid October each year.
- The party usually starts at 11:00 AM runs till 2:00 PM
- The party is often outside at the Pavilion at Huntsville Tennis Center and is open to all HITL players and their families.
- We have free pizza and drinks.
- We also give out the end-of-season prizes to the division winners and to the tournament winners (first place for doubles and 1st & 2nd place for singles). Last years prizes were dry fit T-Shirts with HITL logo.
HITL Results for 2023 Season
Record your scores at the follwoing links
HITL New Players
- If you are interested in playing but are not already on a team, please email the League Coordinator at Coordinator@hitl.org
- Please provide your:
- Preferred email address
- Phone number and
- NTRP rating (or HITL rating)
- Most beginners are 3.0. Also indicate if you would be willing to captain a team. In late March or early April, you will be contacted by a team captain and invited to play on their team.
- The HITL Flyer can be found Link to Hitl Flyer
- Please print it out and post it at your work or local park.
- We always look forward to working with new volunteers to help manage the league:
- Team Captains and Division Coordinators are often needed
Please seriously consider volunteering for one of these positions and/or trying to get someone from your team to volunteer. There are lots of people who have been in HITL for several years and should be able to help with these positions. Voting will be held at the captain's meeting in April.